Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Should I go through with my up coming Posterior Cervical decompression ?

I'm Anne and a newbie here. I've been recently scheduled for a posterior cervical decompression surgery. I've had 3 levels done before . Anterior fusions.
my question is should I go through with it! The pain , pins n needle numbness in my are, pain in my neck etc I don't think are nearly as bad as what I've been reading out there of others healing after their posterior surgery! I have to go in on Sept 7 to meet with my surgeons practitioner to go over everything and then I'm scheduled on Sept 13 the for surgery. Should I not go through with it??? Starting to feel very unsure!
can anyone help??? 
Thx Anne 


  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello anneabelle!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    That decision is one that only you can make, you do not want your future based on anothers decision for you. If you feel unsure and can postone without risk of nerve damage that should be a consideration.  You want to have all your ducks in a row best you can in a poor situation. That includes reasearch, pros/cons with doctor, expectation talk with doctor, knowledge it may not solve issue or be worse after, a recovery plan, are you in best doctors hands, second opinion, an internal discussion with self etc.  You do not want to go in not feeling as comfortable with decision as possible. Of course all that is different with potential nerve damage.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.