Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

1st steroid epidural, now in worse pain

advertisement

Comments

• glynnhuntgglynnhunt PennsylvaniaPosts: 25
    Hi Jillybean, Sorry if it came off that way. I am not trying to give medical advice. I am purely trying to pass on what the research says about these things, and people can make some informed decisions about what they want to do. Unfortunately most medical professionals use imaging to determine the issue, when they have been proven to be filled with error. 
    I do not see how me saying "maybe try bending backwards" could be construed as any more of medical advice than your recommendation to rest and use a heat pack.
    Thanks again for having this conversation, and keeping it civil especially about some thing so important. 
    Kind regards

• Hi Lilyfly so sorry you are suffering.  I had numerous steroid injections including epidural and none helped me unfortunately.  I know there are some people on this site that have had success which is brilliant.

You didn't mention what type of surgery they are suggesting you have?

Did they suggest any physio and other treatments if you are declining surgery at this time?

Have they told you the risks of nerve damage if your nerve is trapped? Long term entrapment can caused permanent damage, which is better to avoid from personal experience!

I hope your pain reduces very soon
    AJ
    AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • advertisement
    AJ Thanks for bringing this back to Lilyfly, who this should really be about. 
  • sorry glynnhunt it was about Lilyfly I thought.  She had asked if people has experienced it and that is what I saw in the replies.

Sorry Lilyfly I forgot to welcome you to this brilliant site.  You will gain a lot of knowledge on here.
    AJ
    AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator

L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    hey AJ I was thanking you for reminding us that this is about LillyFly. It started to to into a tangent and we should be trying to help like you were. Sorry if that didnt come across in the my last response to you. 
  • advertisement
  • no thanks needed really but acknowledge. I am just here to help where I can

AJ
    AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator

advertisement