I am 53 with back surgery done 15 years ago. The surgeon remove something from my S1-L5 disk.
Recent MRI show that other disk degenerate.
This is the fact.
The problem is that I have recurrent back pain triggered by:
- fast walking
- standing longer time
- slight bending (like watching a computer screen from standing). 1 min is enough to have repercussions on my back
- carrying 5 kg for 100 m.
Here I am today, no running, playing football or other sports.
If I am not doing any exercises I may be pain free but then I am feeling quite bad. My general health start deteriorating.
So this is what I am doing now:
- morning specific back exercises, 15 min/day
- 1 hour walking 3 times per week
- I bought an elliptic machine and I am working on it 25 min, 3 times per week. I moved the speed and effort to the level that is acceptable for my back
- swimming 3 times per week. This is by far the best exercise ever.
- I also bought a home gym machine only for pulling mild weights but never lifting. Lifting cause me serious pain.
Pain never start during exercise but usually kicks later after rest, usually next morning.
If someone else want to comment share his experience about being active with lower back pain, will be very good.