Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fusion Surgery Tomorrow

Hello everyone, 

Well, the waiting and worrying is finally over. It's been a roller coaster of emotions these past few weeks. Many of you have helped greatly with giving me your thoughts and ideas when answering my many questions. It may sound a bit silly, but just knowing there's a community of people who have gone through this willing to answer questions and provide reassurance has been a great help, and I'm very grateful for you all. 

Today my parents are coming to stay with us for several weeks to help my wife out with our small army of kids. We're having a cookout for lunch and planning to spend most of the day outside enjoying the beautiful weather we have today here in northern Indiana. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the hospital for my surgery. As long as everything goes as, planned I should be back home sometime on Thursday. 

Again, thank you to all those who've been there to answer my questions over the last couple weeks, and I'll be sure to post how things go after surgery. 

-CJ
advertisement

Comments

• Hey, CJ!!

Sounds like you're going to have a really nice time today!  What a lovely gift your parents are giving you by coming to stay and lend a hand with the "army"!  :)   Enjoy the beautiful day, the good food, and a beer or two if you're so inclined! 

Despite the emotional rollercoaster of the "before", I hope you are feeling some genuine excitement for the "after"!!  Here's to a smooth recovery, and a future with less pain!!!  Be gentle with yourself, and let us all know how everything went when you are able!!   
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • MagistraMarlaMMagistraMarla San Antonio, TexasPosts: 217
    Good luck, CJ.
    It sounds like you will have a great recovery team to help you and keep your spirits up.
  • advertisement
  • laurietlauriet Kent, WAPosts: 35
    Good luck in your recovery.

• Good luck with your surgery CJ. I can relate to all you going through, I'm 7 weeks post op PLIF L4/S1. Everything will be fine:)
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    CJ

It is probably too late to wish you good luck.  I hope that it went well and look forward to hearing how you are recovering.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • RedSS58RRedSS58 IndianaPosts: 57
    Thanks everyone, I'm walking in to the hospital as I write this. I'm calm, ready to get this over with. I'll let you all know how it goes as soon as I'm able. 

-CJ
  • How are you doing?
advertisement