Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

HAVE FOOT DROP ON LEFT FOOT

I am a 43 year old woman living in ri. I have to use a walker to get around. I am in a serious amount of pain 90% of the time. Can't have surgery for foot until next year. Doctor wants me to wait to see how I do. Scared to go in the rain and snow because of sliding and falling. I don't know what to do. I am slowly starting to use a 4 post cane. Causes alot of pain in foot. Feeling depressed and stuck. Please let me know if anyone had the surgery to correct the foot drop and how did u do. U can also reach me by email at samarawilliams100@gmail.com. I am trying to do my best but this is the worst thing I have ever gone through. Had a stroke and seizure 3 months ago. Left me with drop foot. My atrophy in my knee is awful. It is at a 75% angle. Did physical therapy for 6 weeks. It helped but got lazy and didn't keep up with falling directions. Regret that. Trying to see if ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS. PLEASE IN DESPERATE NEED. I don't receive any pain meds. Trying to get through this to the best of my ability. Please any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. Ty Samara 
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi Samara
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Search on this site for "the blend." It is a list of things people use to ease their pain. 

One of the nonsurgical things I used to help with pain was a TENS unit. Wondering why you dont use pain meds. I  know people are afraid of getting addicted to them but if done properly they can be effective.
    Hugs
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello lovingbulldogs100 !
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement