Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

sciatica

I have had pain in my but area for the last two weeks radiating down my leg but it's mostly at the front in the muscle and ankle and knee .can't sleep for it and it's making me depressed everytime I stand it excruciating pain in the front of my leg I can't do anything in the home properly or even go out as I can't walk has anyone else got this problem.
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi florrence
    My sciatic pain started at the back of my thigh and continued down to mid calf. Eventually I began having pain and muscle spasms in my right butt and numbness in my right foot.
    I had an mri which showed a large herniation.
    Have you been to the doctor? You may need some testing done to figure out what's going on. 
    Ellen 
  • MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 428
    @florrence, my sciatica started with tingling in my left low back and glute, then all of a sudden it jumped to my right back and glute. As time went on symptoms escalated to include my thigh, calf, and foot. The pain varied for a few weeks then became constant. Shocks, pins and needles, tingling, spasms, tightness, numbness, and just plain 'ol pain. I couldn't stand or sit. My mother-in-law was different in that sitting was her only position she could handle. Go figure!

@Ellen625, you had the MRI and discovered the disc herniation.....what next? 

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello florrence!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• glynnhuntgglynnhunt PennsylvaniaPosts: 25
    If there are things that make your leg symptoms worse look at what your back motion is or position forward, backward, left right, you could try doing the opposite direction and see what happens. Good Luck
  • Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    @MarWin 
    I had a microdiscectomy at L5S1. I awoke with the pain gone. I am about 3 months post op and feeling pretty good.
    Ellen 
  • advertisement
  • Have the same problem but just want to ask a question I was told that if I lose some weight it might help.so my question is .has any one else been told that .
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello inkedstina !

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I have the same problem and was told if I lost weight it would helped lost about 35lbs still in pain did therapy still in pain now on a no meat diet to see if that helps had this 9ain non stop for over a year.any suggestions that works.
  • MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 428
    True. I fail to see how weight loss or gain is an answer. On the other hand, I do think diet habits can help in all areas of health and well being. Just as long as the diet is well rounded and not full of processed foods. Meats are totally fine! The weight thing would then correct itself :) . Just the same with habits, I also think our daily functional habits are key to our chronic pain.
advertisement