Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post op expectations 3/12 post L5/S1 and previous L4/5 4yrs ago

hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I have had more information on here than ever given me in England. 
I had an injury through work and resulted in L4/5 micro discectomy. Surgeon said I had to test in bed for 5 weeks as my spine was "unstable". I never had full recovery but was able to return to work. 
The pain gradually increased. To cut  long story short I've had L5/S1 discectomy 3/12 ago . I have never had the luxury of Nippon in my leg post surgery. I read these stories of pain going, but despite walking and cycling on exercise bike as instructed by physio, I remain in pain.. Surgeon has requested another MRI to check what going on, but he seems non stressed about me. I have bladder complications now as well.
Has anyone got any advice or been through the same and can give me hope that I won't be in this pain forever?
advertisement

Comments