Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Sense Of Helplessness (And Worthlessness)

advertisement

Comments

• Edited - duplicate post
  • edited - duplicate post
  • advertisement
  • I also have had drs who dismissed my pain and treated mr as a drug seeker. Example...
    Before insurance I went to ER once crying on debilitating pain and the dr didn't do xrsyd or nothing, told me I had strained a muscle. I had to keep going and finally when I got insurance the Nero found all kinds of problems even a fracture through low back fusion.
    It's heartless for drs to be that way and use your age as am excuse for their ignorance.
    As with any or most diseases and conditions..... Who can put an age limit on it???
    Cancer for example, juvenile arthritis, juvenile diabetes, and so on.
    How ignorant those who day your too young are.
    Hope you find a dr to listen.
    Do you have medical coverage?
    Good luck!
  • Its a horrible feeling when people try to dismiss your pain for whatever reason. All pain is legitimate. Some would say that if you got hurt in a car accident, your pain would be more legitmate than if your neck just got tweeked doing whatever.
    But again, your pain is legitimate.

Do you live in a big city with lots of docs, or a small town with few docs ?? My encouragement would be to get a referall to a large university hospital in whatever city is closest to you.
    There are docs out there who will take the time to help you.

dave
  • Dharvell,

I know how you feel about doctor saying your too young, shouldn't be in pain, xray's not showing anything,etc. I have been in this battle of chronic neck pain for five years now which I see folks here that have been on this journey much longer, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Some days I sit and cry all day and all the anti-depressants don't do anything to help the over whelming feeling this will never end.

I have been with PM now for three years and it has helped me function. Not feel good, but function so I can work, but that is about it. I'm hoping to get an updated xray in the next few months and from reading this site it looks like maybe I should try an orthopedic surgeon??

I have bone spurs, buliging disks, narrowing of cervical canal and one doc told me I have a disk that has almost disappeared, but he told me this after he saw I was so upset as his comment was "you under a lot of stress?" "your too young for this" are you sure this pain is real", etc. so now I'm now sure if I believe him.

I hope this week is better for you as some days are better than others in the end and I am praying this is a better week. Hang in there, and your not alone!

Shannon
  • advertisement
  • Please hang in there, there will be resolution for you! sometimes ya got to "MAKE" them understand. be logical not emotional in your discourse, if they dont understand what they are hearing, be firm but gentle..., they may have no empathy. please dont be discouraged k? your young, but you still are in pain, you have a right to seek relief, and get it!
    It helps to talk it over with others of similar historys, come here and get stronger, come here when you need strength, and someday soon youll be the one giving strength in return, its the spiney/neckey way of things.
    Be strong and be of rested spirit, were here to help you in the hard times, its what we do.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement