Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

post op questions

i am new to site and  looking for some answers to a few questions i am 24 anoi am just iver 4 months post opration on a lumbar herniated disc in the L-5 reigon and im beginning to have leg and hip pain in my right side the first disc was on the left ive tried physical therephy when i saw a pain speciist he told me i had 2 herniated discs and he would do an  injection but it wouldnt work so i came home and discussed it with family and we agreed to go see a neurosurgon im starting to think that at 24 years old there may be more to the discs then meets the eye i also have a case of mild cerebal palsy so could that be a factor into why my discs got bad at such a young age? ive also been having pain near my first insision site and it feels swolen is that normal 4 months out? been unable to sleep much because of the paim so when i see my neurosurgon im going to tackle that problem to

im just at a loss with all this stuff with my back i love walking but because of the new hip/lowe back pain im unable to walk as far as i normally do i just want to feel normal again 
advertisement

Comments

• smartens162smartens162 Manitoba, CanadaPosts: 449
    sorry for what you're going through!  I would agree that you need to check in with your neurosurgeon on your surgical site and other pains.  Your GP may be able to help you get some relief prescription-wise.  Don't know where you're from or how your medical system works, but your primary care provider or general practitioner is usually where you should start to get results the fastest.  Getting pain relief so you can at least sleep at night will go a long way to helping recovery.  All the best to you!
  • thank you but my appointment is tuesday and i still have some pain medicine untill i go 
  • advertisement