Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Day 1 of Pain Pump Journey

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 681
    Good luck. Sandra, my operation went quite well.  I had mine done oct 3..
    was is the hospital at 3:30 and out and on my way home at 9:30.  They didn't keep me
    overnight, Going in Monday to up the dose of baclofen. Every time. I have an operation
       I. Tell the anestigiologist tell let me know just before they turn the lights out and say. I 
    am going to try hard to stay awake, every time they chuckle and say go ahead.
    they always win.  Some nights   I wish. I could fall asleep like that.
    anyway we!ll say a few prayers for you good luck

God.  Bless 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,478
    Thanks Mike!! Glad your surgery went so well, please take care of yourself. 
    I've read so many articles, as I'm sure you have, on the importance of doing what you're told during recovery
    Hope this helps you to have some comfort and relief in your life. Thanks for the prayers, ill send some your way.
    God bless.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
    Update on the journey: we saw the neurosurgeon today, was very impressed. He answered all of our questions and concerns and then some. The note book came in handy!! 
    Next Fri I go to my psychologist for a psych test. When the neurosurgeon gets those results they will set up an appt for a one day trial using morphine. That day the surgery date will be set. After surgery I'll be in the hospital 3-4 days.
    So we wait again!! But it's ok, I do realize that there are others playing a lot worse waiting game.
    Another neurosurgeon there said, after looking at my MRI, that he could fix a lot of my problems. But would be a very extensive surgery from my neck to my tailbone and would still need a pain pump. But with the way everything is deteriorating the surgery wouldn't help for long. 
    Big decision for me and sweet hubby!!!
    Next update, next Friday.
    Sandra
    Hi. Sandra, did you ask where the catheter would go ?
    Mike, I did ask about the catheter. He said between L4-L5 since  most of my pain is lower lumbar. But after the test we would make a final determination. Will start with morphine but the final drugs in the pump will be determined between me and my PM doctor. 
    Sandra
  • advertisement
  • Wishing you all the best! You deserve some relief in this long journey of yours! So glad to hear the neurosurgeon appointment went well and your trusty notebook helped. 

Keeping you in my thoughts! Sending warm wishes your way. 
    Thanks Munkzilla for the sweet words, really appreciate it. Always so thankful for everyone here and their support. It means a lot knowing that.
    Sandra
    Well, finally getting closer. I took the psych test today, that was fun lol. My PM doctor will have the results Monday so hopefully a trial date will come soon.
    Sandra
  • I had one of the first Medtronic pumps installed back approx. 99/2000 and it was a miracle at first. Started with Morphine then switched to Dilaudid which worked much better for me. The problems revolved around the catheters. I broke six in the space of approx. 15 months and due to the leakage also wound up with a grapefruit size seroma at the base of my spine. The catheters are still in my spine as they say it would do more harm than good removing them. The pumps have been around some time now and have a good history. Also, I would think that all the bugs are worked out. I wish you the best of luck and am sure that you'll be amazed by the relief it can bring
    Just wondering how you broke the catheters? And how can you tell.
    Do they do a. Simple X-ray to check it? Also what medications did you have in your pump?
    Hope you're doing ok now
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.