Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

hemilaminectomy l4/l5

Hello everyone;
So I am 23years old and was injured back in may long story short I got an MRI and was advised that I had a herniated l4/l5 disc. The pain has become quite miserable to the point I can hardly walk to the bathroom and back without my right leg and foot going numb and feeling tingly like pins and needles. I have tried everything to prevent surgery but it just looks as that is the right thing to do so I can Hopefully get back to work.. Surgery is 9/14.. I'm extremely nervous and worried I am praying I'm making the right Decision but my job is on the line. I've been out on FMLA since July and my 12 weeks will be up in early October. My doctor is saying that by Oct 3rd I should return to work on light duty and remain there for only 3 more weeks. Can any of you let me know if this whole 6 week recovery thing is legit or does it take longer? Some people I've talked to said it takes up to a year or longer.. my job consist of lifting 30-50lbs daily and the ability to bend; stoop; twist daily. I'm afraid that my employer will not keep me around if I can't get back to full duty by the end of 6 weeks (if they keep me that long..) please please let me know your experiences... thank you. And yes I understand a doctor's advice is best but I am just looking for some people who have had this procedure and been through the recovery.  Thanks!!
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello jessejamesjip !
     Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History