Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Surgery canceled because of acute diverticulitis

Hello all
I was supposed to have two level acdf tomorrow.  Unfortunately I was in er til three am.   I have acute diverticulitis which has really put me down.  Of all the luck, I just can't believe it.  I called neurosurgeon and he said no surgery with active infection.  Now I will probably have to wait another two months.  I really feel sorry for those who suffer with this disease.  It is horrible and hurts like heck.  Now I need colonoscopy and additional days off until it clears up which I understand can take awhile
dmo
advertisement

Comments

• Hi dmo
    Oh no after all the preparation and worry to have it held up now. But it is good they found that and can get it handled right you wouldn't want to deal with surgery and that at the same time. The infection might can spread too not sure how that works but better safe than sorry.
    How did they find it have you had issues before, I have the step before that but lately a lot of pain in the tummy in the process of finding a doctor right now.
    Hope things get cleared up for you and your surgery is successful that would be wonderful.
    Take care Sherri
  • Hi hope
    The last two days I have been having real bad abdominal pain.  Low pain bellow belly button.  It hurt so bad I went to er last night.  They did ct scan and sure enough I have diverticulitis.  They gave me two different antibiotics and sent me home.  The pain from this is bad.  While our spine pain is bad this gives me great respect for those with chronic condition.  Now I have to alter diet and watch for flare ups.  I will reschedule acdf when I can.  I need colonoscopy and gi appointment.  I would not want cervical fusion even if dr would do it.  This hurts too much
    Dmo
  • advertisement
  • Hi
    Wanted to get back and thank you for your reply and see how you are doing.
    I have the thing just before turning to diverticulitis but right now my brain is dead cannot think of the name. I get the pain thing in the stomach though but did not realize you can have stomach pain from that. I get cramps to the point I feel like screaming in my lower stomach right before I go potty is that what you have or is it all the time? I had my gallbladder out and every since then my stomach has been a mess. I battle stomach problems constantly tried so many meds but right now I am just trying to get my doctor to help me out.
    What kind of diet did they put you on if I can ask. I am having a CT scan of my stomach if they ever get around to sending the order over to the hospital. 
    Tummy problems can be hell for sure I pray they can help you and that it clears up soon. 
    Take care of yourself ok
    sherri