Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Reherniation - Is it Possible to get Better Without a Second Surgery?

Comments

• I've had a lot of surgeries but this is my first back surgery I'm certainly not going to forget it It I. Remember my doctor telling me how bad my disc was and how if it didn't get taken care of I would be paralyzed and that will always stick with me I've also had a lot of other health issues and they're not easy to forget but remembering things comes in handy for future medical encounters
  • SpartySSparty ArizonaPosts: 159
    HeavenlyRae,  sorry to hear about all you have been thru.  It's not fair!  I was just trying to say better days are ahead.  
  • advertisement
    HeavenlyRae,  sorry to hear about all you have been thru.  It's not fair!  I was just trying to say better days are ahead.  
  • they are ahead vary true just have to work at it i was feelng well enough to go to a farmers market with my family i took a couple heavy things to the car really sore right now but got my heating pad and taking pain meds before bed
    We are all going to bounce back from this.  I get wanting to carry stuff to the car.  Its "normal."  I'm only at day 13 and I want to be normal again.  You are much farther so its been eating at you longer.  But maybe its just your body telling you to give it some more time.
  • advertisement
  • yeah but  i am almost 5 months post op i know healing takes awhie but i just want to eb able to go for long walks and not the short ones im restricted to it gets on my nerves i love to walk but the horrible pain after isnt worth the walk
    I get that.  I'm only 2 weeks in and wish i could do more.  At 5 months it has to be really hard.  How much PT are you doing?  I hear it can get worse before getting better but it works in the end.  
  • HeavenlyraeHHeavenlyrae Posts: 589
    edited 09/25/2016 - 3:49 PM
    i took PT at like 6-8 weeks after the surgery for about 4 weeks and going to start again tuesday for weakness in my legs and back pain i find it annoying i cant walk all day or long distances without pain maybe 2-3 weeks out of the summer i made the long walk now i cant do that again unless i push mysef beyond my limits.....and i love to walk it hurts that i cant
    I'm a runner and a long distance hiker (last year I hiked rim to rim of grand canyon in 1 day 23.5 miles.) For the long distances I train for a few months.  At the end of a long run or hike i am hurting.  Just think of it as your starting over and you need to train for the long distances.  You will get there and PT will help!
  • yeah but somthing tells me theres somthing wrong with my body but will try the PT and go from there
advertisement