Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Recent MRI shows severe DDD

The user and all related content has been deleted.
advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello....
    I have never been a candidate for surgery so I can't speak to that.

But there is an informative post titled*****So You Think You're Ready For Surgery- Lets Go Over  a Few Things****
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587
    I have dealt with DDD for 20 years . I've had other spinal surgeries but not for that. But I have managed with it. With everything else I have going on (see my profile) it's hard to distinguish what hurts or causing so much pain. 
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,331
    My problems are a bit different-i have more than ddd but i can tell you the fastest way to me on the ground and not able to get up, and destroy me for a week is to step into a hole and jar my back. Personally i get the tens on me right away and then call my physio guy that pulls and pushes on muscles to force them to relax with pressure point therapy. Then i go and float in the pool and dread getting out. Heated matress pad on the bed and painkillers and for me its easily 5 days before i start to think about wearing socks again.  I also try to stretch-i cant move much after i jar my back like that but at least trying seems to get things thinking about moving again...its slow and every time i do it it seems to take longer to calm down. Its been going on 2 years now badly...at least 5 before that of grumbling and i am at the end of my rope with surgery coming up
    Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,331
    keep us posted!!!!! and hang in there!
    Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,807
    I have had Degenerative DIsc Disease for almost 15 years now.  Started out a very mild and now its in the early stage of severe..   So far, I have not had any surgery specifically for DDD.  

But I have had 8 Spinal surgeries plus joint surgeries.  For the most part, I have been able to keep DDD from impacting me that much by physical therapist generated and doctor approved exercise program and OTC NSAIDs

If you haven't already , please read All about Degenerative Disc Disease plus videos
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement