Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

22 year old with Cervical Herniated Disc

I am so depressed. I'll start off by saying, I've been an athlete my whole life. I first injured my neck one year ago with a herniated C5-C6. During that time I also hurt my back (or so I thought). I was told I had a herniated L4-L5, L5-S1 posterioly and anteriorly. The neck took 4 months to heal and after my back pain getting worse and worse a smart Physical Therapist realized the pain wasn't coming from my back. Later was diagnosed with IBD with minimal stomach issues and axial and peripheral arthritis. That eased when I took dairy out of my diet and de-stressed. Fast forward 7 pain free months... I started to feel some tingling in my left hand and a sore neck. Doctor thought it was carpal tunnel and a neck strain. Well it continued to get worse and spread and about a month later I woke up with numbness in my whole right arm and bad neck pain. I've done Mckenize method exercises and have stopped exercising. I'm very afraid, in the new report I have mild narrowing of something at C3-C4 and as I tried to do the treadmill it hurt my neck. Simple Physical Therapy seems to be hurting my neck as well. I took all of last year off of school and thought I had gotten past all of this and now I'm completely crushed. I believe the beginning of the neck pain starting back was after doing 100lb dumbbell rows. I now believe that my weight lifting career is completely done (most of my damage to my spine occured through college football, the programming and my ego using bad form). I'm so depressed I can't even think with this neck pain and ive had to take another semester off. I feel like my life is over and my will to live as really diminshed (weightlifting was my life). My IBD is acting up bad again and I'm starting to feel pain in my back specifically the SI joints which I'm getting tingling into both legs now. I'm so stressed out. 
advertisement

Comments

• Have you seen a spinal surgeon? Even if you don't want/have surgery - they should be able to explain your options - including conservative ones.
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    thebbwbro

welcome to the spine-health forums.

i agree with nz1025, what kinds of doctors have you seen, and have they discussed your options?

please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started welcome to spine-health

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement