Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C3-C4 Disc Compression - Been over a year now and still in pain

muscularitalianmmuscularitalian Posts: 1
edited 09/17/2016 - 6:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey everyone. Im new here but have been having problems for a year or so now with my injuries. Heck, its probably been a year and a half. Ill start off by saying how it happened. Im avid weight lifter and did gymnastics for the fun of it. I did a muscle up [edit] I did 3 in a row, like I had a ton of times before. Next morning I woke up and I couldn't move me neck, it was stiff for 3 weeks or so. Once that went down I noticed I started getting some tingling in my shoulders and triceps. Long story short I got my MRI's I have a C3,C4,C5 compression and a bulging disc issue on my right side, its not so so serve but I cant lift any more without pain and lifting was my life. I have been to the orthopedics and he suggested physical therapy. Did nothing, they made me so small exercises, which I have already been doing. Im not able to bench press with the bar anymore because it puts my shoulder in a bad impingement, but I can use dumbbells but after about 10 reps im in massive pain because of the nerve issue. The docs said the compression is hitting a nerve which is causing the pain. 

I also went to the chiro for about 8 weeks, only after 4 weeks he would open up the joins in my neck to take the pressure of my nerve, it was temp though the next day I was still in pain and still cant lift without pain. Not sure what to do here, some suggested surgery, most of the doctors I went to said I dont need surgery and that it just needs to decompress. Im sure there are people who have the same issues that are worse but turned out okay?  - Is there anything at home I can do? I recently lost my job and my medical, but I can get that back or pay for a chiropractor again, just looking for opinions, this has been going on for to long, for me atleast.

Thank you,

Chris

Comment edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator  Removed link that is not permitted

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    edited 09/17/2016 - 6:20 AM
    hello chris

please click on the link for useful information

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Yes I looked through that, I was more looking for peoples opinions since im sure others here have been through what I have, thank you though Liz :)
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello...
    Many of us, but I will speak for myself.....I have had to reinvent myself a few times due to my chronic pain and spinal issues..and other medical issues.
    It is not easy, but sometimes it's impossible to have same physical activity as before.

I am curious, how many doctors did you go to for opinions re surgery? You said ..most...and some.

You asked if there is anything you can do at home. Are you referring to exercises?
    There aren't any medical professionals on discussion forum, so members not allowed to give advice.
    Even if two people had similar to same diagnosis, everyone is so individual that only your doctor knows your over all health and well being for best recommendation for you.

Re to find more like minded members, re the weight lifting, you may benefit from using search, upper right on page.
    When you type in your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions that may be informative.
    You also may be led to the medical side of forum with articles and videos. Very informative!

We also have a sister site just beginning ..... www.sports-health.com ...that may have information for you.

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History