Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C25K?

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,493
    So how is everything going? i have had much time lately to get online....still swimming here at least 4 times a week....and a friend came down and helped me clean most of the house!! Thankfully! I couldnt have got it done all myself. Hope things are good!!
    Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi Kathy-
    All is well. I am really starting to feel like my old self again! My only issue is my darn foot! But compared to my pain prior to surgery, its minor. Hope you are doing well. I have been busy too! Not only the holidays but we are about to go through our annual audit at work which can be a real pain (ha! no pun intended!).

I am glad you had someone come help you. That must be a relief. I hate housework, lol, but I love having a clean house!
  • advertisement
    I sure hope your foot shapes up!!! I am so sore come late afternoon now i am actually looking forward to surgery....preop on tuesday hopefully will go okay....
    Im not going to lie i am scared to death of the recovery....and the surgery...but i sure cant go on like this. Swimming is still good. Being in the water really helps...getting out is a challenge now grrr gravity sucks!!! 
    Hang in there!! Hopefully your foot starts behaving!!!
    Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

Good luck with preop. It was not an issue for me except they insisted I sit for my blood test. I guess they didn't want me to fall on the floor, lol.
    I get how you feel. It must be nerve wracking but once your surgery is done you will be on your road to recovery and feeling better!
    ha ha my preop was a full blown anxiety attack....thankfully i keep bp readings at home.....because there my heart rate was 95bpm and the pressures were 170/90....(i have seen higher in a drs office).  at home i am a good steady 125/75.  i have NEVER been in a doctors office with good readings.  so glad i read at home.  they took piles of blood, listened to my heart etc.  tested me for MRSA, and then told me it's all good to go barring anything weird with the blood....eeep!  that anxiety attack lasted until after i did an hour in the pool hard, cried a lot last night and finally got to sleep at 1....woke up at 4 feeling much better-no pounding heart.  gah.  sometimes i hate my body.  actually i hate it a lot lately...that and my lousy genetics!  but-good news, on the scale at the preop i have managed to lose 22 pounds!  LOL.  but i also lost 3 inches in height...she actually measured me twice to make sure it was right because i was 5-10.  i'm now 5-7.  no wonder my clothes fit down my back!  my back is shorter!  LOL. i have lost a substantial amount of muscle in my left leg too, because its not working so well, so hopefully that will come back after surgery.  so i need to keep swimming up to the day of....just to keep me sane.  no swimming for 12 weeks after.  no sitting for more than 15 minutes for 12 weeks apparently.  and they say i'll get a harris brace probably because of the length of the fusion. 
    so.  swimming it is, every day now!  (i turned the pool up another degree....my hubby didn't notice yet....although he said it was nice getting in yesterday LOL).  and i managed to swim an hour yesterday!  whoohoo!

how's your foot feeling?  is it getting better? 
    Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement
    Hi Kathy
    Foot is finally feeling better. Sorry to hear about your preop experience. I can't believe you lost 3 inches! That seems crazy! And no swimming for 12 weeks. Yikes! I  will be thinking about you and hoping for the best! I totally get how you must feel. It seems you have some good support systems in place so that will be a huge help. My family was great and helped me out a lot.
    Ellen 

hey ellen!  i'm glad your foot is doing better!  yay!  small victories! 
    i'm just embarrassed about the whole panic thing...lol.  i might be able to get into the pool after the incision is healed, hopefully if even just to do some walking etc.  we'll see what the surgeon says!!!!  it is nice swimming inside and looking at the snow blowing by the window outside i must admit LOL
    Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator

Best of luck on your upcoming surgery! I will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy, and hopefully, painless recovery!
    hey ellen!!!! i made it through....on the other side almost 2 weeks (10, 11 days or something now)....have a long road in front of me, i already feel my hamstrings shortening a LOT, and stretching is near impossible.  no pool for a while now....followup is a little over 4 weeks away yet, and at that point i might be cleared for physio....maybe.  surgeon said probably 3-6 months or longer off work.....but i'm through and now it's just trying to be good to myself and heal up right.
    and patience....infinite patience LOL
    how are you doing???
    Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator

Hi Kathy
    I was reading some of your other posts. Sounds like you've been through quite an ordeal! Your positive attitude is amazing! I am doing well. Glad to hear you are home and on your way to recovery!
    Ellen 
advertisement