Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Surgery or not

Comments

• OstrichOstrich SwedenPosts: 8
    edited 12/20/2016 - 1:30 PM
    Update. 

Surgery completed November 15th decompression but they found a fracture on the facet joint(?) so I got a fusion ~ L3-L4. 

No pain at all in my left leg but I have some issues with my right kneecap but I think its nerve related and hopefully it will go away.. My doctor told me no soccer or gym until 10-12 months post op for maximum recovery of surgery. 

Next surgery 2 months away for my sleep apnea :cold_sweat:" alt=":cold_sweat:" height="20" /> 

Posterolateral fusion L3-L4 - 2016

•  That's good news that your left leg is much better. It takes a long time for the nerves to recover if they do. Take full advantage of PT and walking so you don't form excess scar tissue that can permanently damage nerves. I had post surgical complications after my fusion that led to scar tissue encroaching on the nerve roots.After all that and years later, I also developed multilevel stenosis which made it very difficult to walk. I'm hoping my spinal cord stimulator will help me since further corrective surgery is not an option for me. Good luck with the sleep apnea surgery and recovery from the fusion. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement
  • OstrichOstrich SwedenPosts: 8
    Thank your for your reply and tips about pt and walking, been a bit sloppy lately but I'm getting my dog back soon. Sad to hear about your problems hope it will get better. Merry Christmas!

Posterolateral fusion L3-L4 - 2016