Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Hello everyone! I'm new here.

This is my first time reaching out for support from others who endure as I do. I have spondylolisthesis stage 3 at the age of 33 it is increasingly more painful and limiting. I'm not trying to complain or anything. Just need to converse with those who understand. I hope you are all doing well. 
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,474
    Welcome!!! And please, complain all you want . We all do lol. You will find a lot of support here,  other people's experiences, great advice and helpful articles.
    Have you seen a doctor or neurosurgeon recently? Or had a recent MRI?
    I've had it for years but with me the pain is hidden under the scoliosis, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, bulging disc and fractured vertebrae. Plus a host of other things. I know it can be painful so, yes, I understand totally. Hope you find relief soon, keep us posted
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello godzchild!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello....
    While you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, you may benefit from search, upper right on page.
    You may be led to current or older discussions. You will be led to medical side of site with articles and videos.
    I personally find the videos so easy to,follow!
    All very informative!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi! I'm new too.  I have a bunch of issues. -degenerative discs, stenosis, arm numbness, neck pain & stiffness, etc etc C5-6-7 . Also. Similar issues at L1-2 that cause moderate back pain & excruciating pain in front of hip & upper thigh. Walking is very painful. I've had to start using a cane, which irritates my cervical issues. After trying all the conservative stuff for about a year, neuro says surgery for cervical. But around that time hip pain became unbearable. Had it for about a year & half & thought it was a strained muscle. Finally saw my pcp again & got xrays &  mri. All kinds of degenerative problems. She refered me to same neuro. They said I had to go to pain mgmt.  Had less than positive experience there with neck, but went anyway. Tried medial branch block, diagnostic. Not enough relief for insurance to approve more. Going for epidural in Oct. The one I had in neck did nothing. Hoping for better with lumbar. In all, its been about 2 1/2-3 years between cervical & lumbar.
     Its been really draining for me, but in a way, even worse for my hubby. (He gets tired of hearing about it because he feels helpless & hates seeing me in pain all the time.)  Just glad to have found this place. I don't really have anyone to talk to that understands this stuff. It kind of helps seeing other people with similar issues. 
    Glad you're here too!! Read the discussions and you will find a lot of people with the same or similar conditions.
    A lot of us are big advocates on our own health. Do your research. As I've stated on here many times, get a notebook and write down your questions, concerns and your own thoughts to go over with your doctors. Don't be afraid to tell them what works and what doesn't.
    All of my issues are from the top of my spine to the bottom. Degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, thoracolumbar scoliosis, levoscoliosis, Dextroscoliosis, fibromyalgia, spondylolisthesis, facet hypertrophy, 4 bulging disc and 2 fractured vertebrae. 
    I understand how painful this can be. And how it can absolutely drain you. It wears me out just fighting the pain all the time. But I am very blessed with a wonderful sweet husband that understands and hates to see me in pain. 
    By you being here and telling your story may benefit someone else. And you will get advice from others thru their experiences. Hope to hear from both of you again.
    Sandra
  • advertisement
  • Thanks! I've read through a lot of posts in here. Finally decided to join. So many people have it so much worse than I do & I feel bad for them.  I'm lucky in that my primary dr is awesome & we work together to decide on meds & she is willing to prescribe appropriate meds to help with pain. (It's gotten more challenging recently because, within about 6 weeks time, I developed reactions to aleve (naproxen) first & then ibuprofen. Also reacted to meloxicam, so nsaids are out for me). But I keep doing as much research as I can & jumping through the insurance company's hoops in hopes of finding relief. 
    Reading other people's stories here has left me choked up, both at what people are dealing with & how much I can relate.
    Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Glad to be he
    Have you or your doctor thought about doing genetic testing to see what works and what doesn't? It's called ""personalized gene drug interaction". All it takes is a swab of your mouth, that's it. Will save you a lot of time trying to find what works.
    I'm blessed also that I have great doctors and great relationships with them so many people on here are not that fortunate.
    Take care, hope you get relief soon
    Sandra
  • I've never heard of personalized gene drug interaction testing. Sounds really interesting. I wonder if my insurance (an hmo) would cover that. I'm going to ask my doctor about it next time I go in. Thanks for the tip!
advertisement