Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C5 and C6 fusion

I had surgery 5 weeks ago and i am getting shoulder and neck pain combined with headaches is this quite normal after surgery? I am wearing a soft collar whilst walking around, but not when I sit down
advertisement

Comments

• I am not experienced with recovery from surgery in this area, but I know @metalneck and @bruce%20eitman certainly are!  Hopefully, they'll be able to share their insights with you when they see your post!
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    Papillons!

Welcome to Spine-Health  From my experience .... you are still very early in the healing process.  Are you on any oral medications?  Did your surgeon provide any post surgical instructions.  For years I have used a heating pad on my neck .... warm moist even better - but more importantly you need to discuss these issues with your surgeon.  He or she are the only one who know your case appropriately to provide much comment. 

Keep Us posted!!,

Bones

• advertisement
  • Than you so much for your advise, I am taking Paracetamol 1200 every 4 hours, as well as exercises  from the hospital physio here in France, I am due to start physio treatment as instructed by my surgeon for the pain in my shoulder and chest as well as to trying to ease the headaches. I am using a wheat bag to give warmth to my neck. i have been told not to look down and not to lift anything. I have communicated by mail with my surgeon. I am doing short walks with my collar on for support.  Thank you Dennis