Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Thigh Muscle Pain

For the last 2 weeks I have had very strange symptoms. Simultaneously, the muscles in both thighs have become sore to touch. The pain is mainly at the front and at the outside of the thigh. When I woke up this morning it was fine and didn't't hurt at all but within an hour it the pain came back again. The muscles seem very hard and tight. I haven't had any injury or strain. Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

advertisement

Comments

• I am sorry you are experiencing this too!  I can only tell you my story. I have been off work as an RN for 19 months because of these "strange symptoms" you talk about. I feel them intermittently, in thighs, hamstring (the worst), calves, knee, and groin regions at first for no rhyme or reasons. Over time after many dr's and spine MRI's all we know is definitely something to do with nerves in spine. For me because it has been going on sooo long I have correlated it with other things like clock work that make it much worse even if only for a few moments. Such as monthly swelling, bowels full, certain movements, ect... also thru trial and error, I have noticed different things make different muscles do this with 100% accuracy, such as (not to be gross) but with my monthly cycle my left inner thigh has that strange pain, and then with bowels, my right hamstring feels it ,and when both of these things are gone, the strange symptoms is gone 100%, So I am to assume for me it is determined by where the nerve is being touched from the added swelling exacerbating the already irritated nerves. I hope this info helps you get the the source of the cramping, pinchy, pulling, fiery sensations I feel and sounds like you are as well..   Good luck!
  • th1764tth1764 AustinPosts: 4
    Myelopathy for me, 3 years hurting. Three cervical fusion C3/6 and lumbar L2/3 fusion have not helped. Considering C6/7 due to new symptoms, carpal tunnel hand pain , thumb, index and middle finger, left shoulder nerve pain, still present after rotator cuff repair, bone spur removals. 
  • advertisement