Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Herniated l5/s1, sciatica and broken coccyx

hi all I broke my tailbone in labour 3 years ago. After 18 mths of not being able to hit properly and plenty of injections,manipulations and therapy I had it removed. Since then my leg has terrible sciatica and after my coccyx pain getting better it now is getting worse and I can't sit again. 

Is is there a relationship between l5/s1 herniation and coccyx pain? I do beleive its contributing to my numbness in leg but I can't help but think the coccyx pain is nerve related. 

Surgeon on is suggesting a disc replacement will help both coccyx and leg pain

bare in mind I've sat on one bum cheek for 3 years now which could also produce leg pain however I did see the disc leaking on the X-ray 
advertisement

Comments

• Hello, Griffo!

I can certainly relate to problems at the L5/S1 level, and coccyx pain!!!  Your surgeon may be right on target about using surgery to proverbially "kill two birds with one stone".  I am sorry you are experiencing this--I do know how painful it is (mine was due to fractures at my L5/S1 level).  Do you also have issues with standing in one spot for long periods?  Are you ok laying down?  I know being idle is no way to live, but was just wondering if you were able to find any comfort when you are at rest...

I'd like to welcome you to the forums!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!