Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L5-S1 fusion next week for spondylolithesis with spinal stenosis

advertisement

Comments

• MagistraMarla--perhaps opt out of the toast?  It might raise your blood sugar levels...maybe replace it with a low-glycemic index fruit like strawberries or raspberries?
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • MagistraMarlaMMagistraMarla San Antonio, TexasPosts: 217
    Thanks, Kimmy.  I usually eat cereal and fresh fruit for breakfast, but I was thinking that the fruit would raise blood sugar levels and that carbs would not.  I love to cook, but I don't know all of the nutritional information.
    So, hard-boiled eggs and strawberries it is!  My blood sugar is usually fine, but after reading the post above, I don't want to take any chances.
  • advertisement
  • RAMRRAM FloridaPosts: 72
    Not me I do t walk outside yet but I live in Florida, too hot.. I walk the house with my walker as much as possible and am starting to wean to my cane very slowly. I am starting to help a little with dinner preparation if I'm up to it. I try not to tire myself. I am able to get around enough to take care of a almost all my personal needs. Most of the things I do are waist level. 

Make sure you get a grabber, definitely the most helpful thing I've purchased. Helps to be a bit more self sufficient. 

Please listen to your body, if you overdo it you will suffer so better to go slower and take it easy. 
    RAM,
    Since you are in Florida - Are you in a safe place???
  • NotMeNNotMe Denmark, EuropePosts: 73
    Hi everybody 
    thanks for your helpful comments. From now on I will write in October surgery buddies about the operation and the postoperative period. Here I'll like to write about spondylolisthesis and the nature of that weird disease. 
  • advertisement
  • NotMeNNotMe Denmark, EuropePosts: 73
    Hi Meggie 
    I'm sorry to hear about the blood sugar problem. I totally agree with Kimmy72. Eat low carb and low glycemic index food until next test and I'm sure you'll be under the edge. And - if you can for your back. Go for a walk or a swim as often as possible. It eats your blood sugar.
    But low glycemic is the most important part. In short it means no sugar, no flour of any kind. Lots of whole grains, vegetables, fish, eggs, meat and a little fruit. I've felt much better after opting for that diet. I'll cross my fingers for you. 
  • I recently went "Paleo" to try to help my body any way I can with all the inflammation going on.  The only change I've noticed has been on the scale (in a good way!), which is nice since I've been suspended from physical therapy.  My only deviation is that I still have cream in my coffee--hey, can't give it ALL up, right?  :)  
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • RAMRRAM FloridaPosts: 72
    We had no power but we are back online now.
  • Glad to hear you're ok, RAM.  :)
    Firm believer in PMA!
    Stay safe RAM.
advertisement