Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Fentanyl patch

I just started the patches and have a few questions. What is the best place to put them? Can u put them on a tattoo? Didnt know if the ink would infer with it
advertisement

Comments

• Hello Melissa
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click the Welcome message for more information and resources on Spine Health
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,180
    I've been wear the fentanyl patch for years 75 mcg. Got some great tips from experience over the years.
    Place on an area where there is fat: stomach is a great place.
    Make sure the area is clean.
    Put a 4x4 waterproof bandage over it. The patches don't stick real good and you don't want water to get under them
    I used to use tegaderm but they are expensive and the others do fine.
    Change every 3 days!! Mark it on the box or calendar to keep tract. And try to stay on about the same time of day.
    I've learned all this the hard way. Lol  Hope this helps you.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • My surgeon told me to put it on my chest, over my heart and it's worked great. There is nothing there to interfere....plus you don't sweat there. I also use the tegaderm over it. It's a must! Make sure it's clean and dry when you change it. I do it right after I shower. 

Spinal Health Moderator 

Retrolisthesis C4 of C5 and C5 of C6
    Spondylolthesis C5/C6
    Disc protrusions with Annular Tears C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6
    Disc Material Compressing Spinal Cord C3/C4
    Severe Forminal Stenosis C5/C6
    DDD
    Ankylosing Spondylitis 
    Annular Tears L3/L4 and L5/S1
    Enlarged Facet Joints/Facet Anthrosis L3/L4/L5
    PLIF with Rods, Cage, and Pedicle Screws-L4/L5
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,180
    Thanks Jillybean, never heard about putting it on your chest, makes sense. I've been wearing them so long maybe a change won't hurt.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 142
    Try Amazon for the tegaderm patches. I got some for a reasonable price.
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hi.....
    re the tegaderm to,cover the patches, I phoned the company who makes my patch.
    They send me the tegaderm in the mail for free!.....after I fill out a very short form that requires the lot number of the drug.

I used two different types, different companies, and both sent free tegaderm....
    and I agree with Jillybean, above, ..it's a must!

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement