Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Thankful but guilty

itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
edited 10/01/2016 - 4:58 PM in Chronic Pain
May I just say I am thankful for this site , but it's for a selfish reason.  In my life everyone I grew up with got married , bought home, progressed careers and had kids. Lives a good standard small town life going to high school football games on Fridays and catching up about family, careers and what not.  Without this site I would feel even more outside " normal life" so I am glad to have it , but at same time I wish no one was suffering.

Its my 20th reunion tonite so feeling a bit sad about how it all worked out.  I was a dreamer and felt like had everything in front of me. Just ready for this day to pass and not self reflect anymore.
Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
advertisement

Comments

• 20 years....wow, Aaron.  You MADE it through 20 hard years that could have (and has) torn a lot of other people apart.  I'm sorry you're feeling sad, but I do have to say that there is heroism in what you have accomplished, even though it might not be what you thought you would...

I hope you rest well tonight. 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Well I was hurt originally at 24 so I had some great years before that. It's been 14 years of pain.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • Ahh,.dont worry
    Not everyone made the glamorous life.

You have Lived
    Have wisdom and a story to tell.

Just saw an old friend
    Drugged and rehabbed
    Startin over
    Others..12 kids or so when back in school you figured they were CEO matierial..Male and Female.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hey Aaron,
    Sorry you are feeling down.  Just think of what you DO have, your goddaughter that you talk about so often! I think a lot of peoples' lives don't turn out the way they planned, spiney or not. You are a huge contributor here and I,  for one, have a lot of admiration and respect for you.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Ellen 
  • Life is sure full of unexpected twists and turns. If it makes any difference at all, it's autonomic, please know that your presence and support on this site gave me inspiration, determination, and hope at times that I needed it the most. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose life you touched on this incredibly difficult journey. I'm so sorry you've been traveling this road for twenty years, but know you are appreciated. 
  • advertisement
  • You are very appreciated here. As far as the outside world, I see folks I went to high school with some (very few actually) are extremely successful most are either average people living paycheck to paycheck or in utter poverty through terrible decisions. More than a handful are recurrant addicts or either drugs or alcohol. 

So not everybody made some fantastic life, and most caused their own downward spiral. People who have been injured have been striped of the ability to form some fabulous jet-setting life. Accidents happened to us, not purposeful self destruction. 

Look at the good you have accomplished in life, and know there are many of us who have been,helped by your experiences, and advice. I know I sure have. Thank you, for your words that served to help a complete stranger! I,hope you feel a bit more cheery soon. 
    It worked out ok guys, thanks for the kind words.  
    I wasn't clear in my post but was my 20th high school reunion.  Those are always hard for me because forces an evaluation of life up to that point and seeing all my friends with families , careers, homes, etc.  Also the dreaded "how did I get here" feeling.  Over and done now.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Yeah...a time of reflection.
    Thank you for this discussion, as you shared you touched others, myself, as many of us have had those thoughts.

And hearing you work it through is encouragement to us all!

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement