Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Advice

kowserkkowser Low Angeles Posts: 35
I am in a lot of pain but I have decided  to try to stop taking Norco. I have a physical  dependants on it and  seem to be depressed when I'm not on it . I'm on day three cold turkey and it has been rather hard luckily I have a little Valium to help me . Question is  taking muscle relaxers going to be beneficial for hurt my chances of getting off Norco .thanks for the advice. I just don't want to do something that is going to make me want to take Norco and I'm not sure of the answer 
advertisement

Comments

• I understand the desire to be medication-free, but going cold turkey can be detrimental to your physical AND emotional health!  Valium is designed to help with muscle spasms, so if that's what is causing the majority of your pain problems, then that would be the logical medicinal choice.  Comparing Valium and Norco, well...you know...apples and oranges in terms of what each medication is designed to do.

That being said, a body in pain is a body in distress.  Please consider speaking to your doctor about this issue.  As much as I don't like the idea of having to take medication, I feel the alternative of putting my body through undue stress because of unchecked pain is doing myself more harm than good.  I believe it was Ellen who said in the other post about the difference between physical dependence and addiction?  She's one smart lady, and I wouldn't want to hear of you creating more problems for yourself health-wise (think elevated heart rate, cortisol/adrenal function, vasoconstriction).  Being in chronic pain is often a game of checks and balances... 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • kowserkkowser Low Angeles Posts: 35
    3 days oh hell but cold turkey does work. I am still in a lot of pain but honestly it isn't that much of a difference than with the norcos. Either my mind is heloing or the norcos were helping as much as I thought 
  • advertisement