Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Strange sensations

I sometimes have the weirdest sensations in my legs. Occasionally it feels like a have a scrape or cut on my skin but there is absolutely nothing there! And how about this one. It feels like there is a drop of water descending down my leg but it is bone dry! Is this sciatica or am I crazy?!

advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi Susan
    I had severe sciatica and would sometimes get some weird pains. Once it felt like I got an electric shock! It was the strangest thing. Other times it felt like someone was holding a flame to the back of my thigh. I don't think you are crazy!
    Ellen 
  • hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 971
    edited 10/03/2016 - 8:17 AM

Susan

Nerves are strange animals... when they don't fire right all kinds of weird crazy stuff can happen.  There was a period of time in my recovery where I could have sworn somebody was hitting the inside of my right knee with taser jolt about 3 times a day.  Go figure...   From one crazy spiney to another... just roll with it for now... in time as your nerves heal and they figure out the new normal the weirdness will fade away.  

Harry - 65 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • advertisement
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    Not crazy.  I never gave it much thought, but for a while I would occasionally feel one or two rain drops on my arms when there was no rain and arm was always dry...

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• I often feel like the entire left side of my butt and the back of my left leg are wet when they aren't.  I routinely touch those areas to try to wipe away the wetness, or ask my family members to look at my clothes to make sure I'm dry.  For a while I thought I was going crazy, too.  You're not alone, and you're definitely NOT crazy!
  • SusanjSSusanj FloridaPosts: 45
    Glad to know that I am not alone! That's what is so great about this site.
  • advertisement
  • I have had quite weird sensations in my legs as well...I do not know if I have sciatica but I plan to get an MRI soon as a result of chronic knee, hamstring, calf, thigh, and low back pain. I get the jolt/shock feeling a couple times a day. Sometimes feel like my cell phone is ringing. At other times I feel a "catching" sensation when I wear long pants-this is the weirdest one as it actually feels painful as well.
advertisement