Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nerve Pain Numbness Left Leg Post Op

twindhamttwindham Tennessee Posts: 28
edited 10/07/2016 - 6:45 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had my Lumbar Spinal Fusion L5 S1 August 1,  about 9 weeks Post Op .... since I still have problems with my left leg/foot my Surgeon ordered a CT scan today--I'm hoping to get clarity.

I am thankful that my pain did lessen to the point that I could wean myself off some Meds>> So just letting those of you know to hang in there!!
I have to say as I read many people seem to get an after effect like this from Spinal Fusion so I try to be patient and hopeful.

In fact I have been walking much more and going to the gym..... for me though I only use Treadmill and for now only doing 30 minutes- I think it really helps!! Mostly it gives me Hope  :)
My Surgeon has not ordered Physical Therapy -He is giving more time to strengthen my Back--Which I Appreciate .......so as I walk more I think soon I will be in Physical Therapy soon enough  and more improvements up ahead -- I'm so looking forward!! 

HANG IN THERE AND APPRECIATE ANY IMPROVEMENTS!!
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Thank you for sharing your encouraging words!
    I wish you the very best in your continued recovery!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History