Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone with this condition? Did you have a surgery to fix it?

At L5-S1 level - Spondylolysis of L5 vertebra with grade-II anterolisthesis of L5 over S1 vertebra.
Diffuse disc protrusion with disc dessication and focal annular tear seen in the L5-S1 disc.
Bilateral severe neural foraminal narrowing with severe impingement of bilateral exiting L5 nerve
roots and left traversing S1 nerve root.
x At L4-5 level - Diffuse disc bulge with bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. No significant nerve
root compression at this level. Facetal arthropathy with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy noted.

These are my MRI results and most of the pain us in my leg and my legs feel weak sometimes. Surgery scares me. Are there any other alternatives? Please shareryour experiences. :smile:" alt=":smile:" height="20" /> 
advertisement

Comments

• victorrvvictorr Tampa bay,FloridaPosts: 18
    Hi Jaib9,am not a Dr. but when you find a neurosurgeon with a great reputation,he will most likely suggest spinal fusion,I know it's scary,but if it's not fixed right with the proper procedure,it may not fix the problem ,you can't keep putting it off ,the longer you wait the bigger the problem gets,good luck,prayers going your way!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello jail9 !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello...
    Gentle reminder...there are not any medical professionals on discussion forums. (Please see last gray signage on right of page)
    Also, we members are not permitted to comment on any test results, let alone suggest what your doctor will have to say to his findings with your tests. 

Curious us what your doctor has suggested to you thus far? What kind of doctor have you been working with so far?
    You doctor knows your spinal and full medical hx and can best explain your options to you, while he gives his opinion on what he thinks is best for you.
    Of course you are always able to get second, third..opinion so you are comfortable with your decision.

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History