Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

can a botox inyection leak and move to the spine? and if so, would i be permanently paralyzed??

hello everybody. my name is Marco. new member here. but ive been suffering from chronic pain for the last two years. ive been suffering from muscle spasms on my neck and upper back muscles and muscle relaxants arent helping at all. ive tried swimming, muscle relaxants, chiropractors, and acupuncture, but nothing has helped me and i got an xray done a month ago and my neck is straightening thanks to the muscle spams all over my back.

well now i want to see if i get botox injected to see if that may help me. but im worried that it may leak to mu spine and have some serios side effects as the muscles that are the most tight are the ones closer to my spine and ive read botox sometimes dont stay in one place.... should i risk it? is the paralysis temporary or permanent if something of the like happens?? (i read earlier on this forum about someone who lox movement of his/her wrist from a botox injection but still dont know if its permanent or not. thanks for reading.
advertisement

Comments

• maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 322
    edited 10/10/2016 - 5:43 AM

Sorry for your issues! Is your doctor recommending this type of injection? I recently had an epidural steroid injection for cervical issues and 2 trigger point injections, which seems to be the most common type of injections that they start with. This was through a pain management doctor. Its been about two weeks and I am feel like I have gotten a little bit of relief maybe. You can get a series of 3 injections throughout a year.

Definitely best to consult a doctor instead of doing online research for something that may not be appropriate for you.

• Hello, Marco!

I agree with Mae wholeheartedly about speaking to your physician.  If the risks of botox injections are your primary concern, may I suggest that is where you focus your discussion with your doctor?  I wouldn't want to see the limited time you might have with your doctor talking about the benefits of botox when it is the risks you are worried about.

I'd like to welcome you to Spine-Health!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!

Welcome to Spine-Health 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement