Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Mild-Moderate Post Laminectomy-Microdiscectomy Discomfort

Hi Group,
I had terrible sciatica for about 8-12 months in which therapy, injection, etc.did not work. I subsequently had an mri and it was found I had a L5-S1 herniation. I had surgery on August 24, 2016. I felt great after surgery and started walking a few weeks after. Its been about 48 days since surgery and I still have some hip / leg discomfort which goes into the outer calf at times in certain positions. I still have good strength in my leg with no weakness. Im bummed as my surgeon gave me 20 pills of a muscle relaxer SOMA and Im waiting for my next appoint in a few weeks. He did not want me to start PT just yet. I am wondering if my discomfort is from Piriformis Syndrome or a re-herniation, etc. I still have very good strength in leg and walking is no issue. I tried to lightly stretch Piriformis and seems to make me more sore. Anymore else having these issues?  Thanks in advance..
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    hello dww!

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    Hello...
    It seems very good that you continue good communication with your surgeon, as he is best to assess, guide and or reassure you.

You may be interested in reading post titles...Recovery the Most Important Phase.
    You can find by using search, upper right on page.

On forums, there is also ...Surgical Buddies..area.
    They are posted according to months...and you may find others with your shared surgery and issues.
    You may find by using search, and find these discussions even if not under the actual month of your surgery.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement