Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Recurrent Neck Pain after sleeping

Hello,

I have done a search on here and google but was wondering what potentially non obvious tips people had about avoiding stiff neck after sleeping.

I bought a new mattress and even a contoured pillow and sleep on my back. Every few weeks I seem to have a morning where I wake up and my neck is particularly stiff and I cant lean it to one direction.  It really makes for both a painful and unproductive day. Is there anything that can be done to ensure my neck does not turn in my sleep and keep causing this?

Also, in terms of getting rid of it, does anyone have any other suggestions other than:
Warm towel, muscle relaxers, hot shower, tilting neck to opposite side of pain.
Or do yall have any tips that I may be missing or common mistakes when doing these (properly preparing warm towel, properly tilting neck)?
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello andrewbissada!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I would ask your doc to refer you for an initial xray then mri if ;necessary.  it sounds chronic and maybe inflammatory if you wake up with it.
  • advertisement
  • andrewbissadaaandrewbissada South CarolinaPosts: 12
    I have an MRI and I have disc issues (herniation, bulge, stenosis, etc) in my Cervical and between Thoraccic and Cervical. But what I'm saying is I don't always wake up with it. I'm not even talking about inflammation. I'm talking about it being extra tight on one particular side. This happens to anyone when they sleep on it wrong.
    I'm gonna try the D-Core pillow
    With the D-Core my neck is a bit short for the neck support, and sometimes slides off with my head getting propped up too high. Any other thoughts on appropriate pillows for cervical support?
  • advertisement
advertisement