Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Orthopedic doctor diagnosed my condition as "Muscle Spasms:.

After 10 days of medication from orthopedic
doctor, rest and heat treatment from the 5th to 14th of October, 2016 there was moderate to significant improvement in my condition. Medicines
included muscle relaxing tablets and ointment, types of arthritis reducing tablets,
complete bed rest, heat treatment and avoid sitting as much as possible and
avoiding related activity like travel.  By the end of treatment period improvement was
no pain in si joint while coughing and sneezing, back muscle spasms are gone,
right inguinal protrusion is reduced to negligible. The only concern remaining
now is intermittent left hip & left hip joint discomfort and knee joint
discomfort. Orthopedic doctor diagnosed my condition as Muscle Spasms. I will update the status of my condition from time to time to let all know if it became better or worse over time.

advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Thank you for sharing!
    It is good to hear you are doing much better!

I look forward to reading your update.

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• QL and erector spinae muscle spasms are back after treatment from orthopedic doctor.
  • advertisement
  • MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 688
    Sooo...the meds wear off and the spasms are back. Is that right, or are you still on meds? I really don't understand "complete bed rest" as a protocol, other than for 24-48 hours. Anything after that is not good. What is exactly happening when your muscles spasm? Does your psoas muscle also present issues? Is it your left knee? Any shoulder or ankle pain? 
  • After the medication effect is off, there are some conditions which are totally gone. One of which is pain in right si joint while coughing and sneezing. Second is weird feeling in hip joint is gone. Third is tightness in left buttock which is by far gone but not 100% gone. The stuff that remain is left knee joint discomfort. Some muscle tightness in erector spinae region and QL muscle (frequency and tightness has reduced though). As I understand, muscle spasms are tight muscles that cause weird discomfort in the affected area. Yes my psoas muscles had tightness one in a while but every time it did not last long. No shoulder or ankle pain. Another thing that has reduced drastically is the protruding inguinal muscles on the right side.
advertisement