Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How do you know if a surgery went bad...

How do you know if a fusion failed?
I had my fusion, decompression, (2) disk replacements with cages July15, 2016
I'm still in therapy for the C-5 nerve root damage.. which caused me to lose my right arm..
sometimes I get neck and shoulder pain, much worse then before the surgery, lasting for up to 3-4days...and now for the past (3) wks my entire left arm is pins and needles, I can't sleep because it wakes me up...the neurosurgeon assigned his P.A to handle the right arm problem, I saw her Aug29...
My next appt is Nov6...waiting for a return call about the left arm problem...and cancelled the surgery for my low back, same procedure as my neck, with diff type of disk replacements....I knew I wasn't capable of putting that enormous back brace on, when I can't even take a shirt off or put one on, using my left arm or even putting my hair up in a ponytail, using the arm of the couch and pillows to prop my right elbow up...I'm right handed...I feel nothing but regret for having the neck surgery.... I knew I needed the back surgery after a botched "nerve selection injection" where the pain doc hit a nerve... causing bladder problems...but this neurosurgeon prefers to do the neck 1st....and ended up with more problems...is the tingling in the left arm normal?
I've researched and researched the c-5 nerve root damage and cannot find much or any info on this issue...
I also have cervical stenosis...I don't know much about that either....anyone else have cervical stenosis?
advertisement