Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

November 2 2016 Surgery

advertisement

Comments

• Hey chonna know you probably won't see this till after everything is done but you're in my prayers and have been for the last week or more, I pray that everything is going well for you with no problems and your surgery is smooth and easy I pray Dear Lord that you give the surgeon your strength for this long surgery, Please dear Lord give chonna your peace and fill her with your LOVE!!!! PRAISE YOU for all Dear Father!!!! Amen...
  • Hey Dale how you holding up??? Don't even give that Snake the time of day, you're right Get Thee behind me Satan!!!! He's just trying to shake you to bring in doubt, but you're right Dale don't let him. You know God the Father is there with you and in his LOVING hands!!!! Dale I will be praying for you and anxiously waiting to hear from you and chonna.
  • advertisement
  • dalewarren123ddalewarren123 Michigan, USAPosts: 104
    Chonna and Burgekids, your both in my prayers for tomorrow. Relax in Him
  • LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 171
    I rally appreciate your kind words and reassurance Having too many emotions and "what ifs" It's not like I've never gone through this process before but after 5 surgeries it's easy to get a,bit negative Keeping my fingers crossed that # 5 is a charm Looks like we're all in this together
  • Hey dale I'm doing pretty good in my room recovering,  surgery went very well all the left side problem relieved some muscle type pain on right side but otherwise doing pretty good. You're in my prayers tonight I know our Lord has you in his loving arms!!!
  • advertisement
  • Hey my Surgery Buddies just wanted to post an update to my recovery, I am home now after only a one night stay in the hospital which I am very thankful for!!!! I am having some real relieve from the Nerve type pain, with the tingling and numbness being gone as well. I have some responsiveness and strength back in my left hand already, Surgeon told me yesterday prior to discharge that there was some severe compression of my spine and the nerve root so doesn't surprise him that I was recovering some strength so quickly. All in all I am feeling pretty well and anxious to hear from my other Buddies. Know that you all are in my prayers...
  • Hi. I am having a spinal fusion on l4-l5, l5-s1 on 11/16/16. I am 41 years old and scared. I had a microdiectomy about 8 years ago on my lower back. I do have a question about co-pay though. I was wondering with insurance being the way it is, did you have to pay some money up front before your surgery? I know it's something they will tell me but my appointment with the hospital is not until next week and I'm freaking out wondering how much money out of my pocket I'll have to pay up front. I do have Untied Healthcare.
    Hi guys I need prayer. My nerve roots were so compressed that I can't move due to pain. Flat in bed, can't even stand to raise bed enough to drink. Will be going to a facility unless God works a miracle.
  • LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 171
    Hi Olivia,
    As far as co-pays go it will depend on the type of insurance and deductibles you have through your health insurance. One of the surgeons I was considering for my November 28th fusion is "out of network" and I would have to pay $2,500.00 prior to my surgery. If he was "in network" I wouldn't have any co-pay because I have met my yearly "out of pocket" deductible for the year. Your best bet would be to call your health insurance company and ask them to give you what you can expect to pay "out of pocket" for your chosen surgeon, hospital and anesthesiologist. They all get paid separately. Good to get this out of the way before you have your surgery. You'll shouldn't have to worry about this stuff while you are recovering. I had the same surgery you're scheduled to have and have to have a revision fusion due to not fusing and broken hardware. I'd love to hear how it goes and if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help out all I can.
    LeeLee.....
    I am home, have severe hip and abdominal pain by the hip. It's nerve pain. Can't lift my leg from laying pisition, it feels dead. No appatite at all.
advertisement