Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C-Spine Epidural?

momo-kmmomo-k Posts: 132
edited 10/26/2016 - 6:58 PM in Spinal Injections
As I am scheduled to receive c-spine epidural in late November,  I would like to hear your experiences of c-spine epidural, please. 

I have received a few different types of pain management treatments, but none so far provided me with a long and an effective relief. My NS recommended me to stop getting a nerve burn back in August, but gave a go ahead for an epidural this week. Trigger points injections hurt me so badly that I am scared beyond to get an epidural.

Although my NS told me I need a surgery, I haven't scheduled for a surgery. I am indecisive and scared, but planning "in my head" to have it done in February 2017.  So meanwhile, I have been on a search of some reliefs, perhaps for a long term relief to avoid an inevitable. 

Thanks for for sharing your epidural experiences!
momo-k
advertisement

Comments

• roshanrroshan Birmingham, ALPosts: 3
    I received a cervical epidural block about 2 months ago. It was for c6-c7. The procedure took 15 minutes maximum. I was told to take it easy for 48 hours, with no bending et al. I only had a little discomfort at the site for a few days. I put ice on it. Besides that I couldn't even tell. It was easy and helped a lot. It honestly wasn't scary at all. Obviously, all procedures have risks associated, but there were a lot of people there for the same problem. Some had several previous blocks. Good luck!