Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SCS procedure

hi I'm Ellie N I've been in pain for 15 yrs. I'm thinking of having the SCS done " spinal cord stimulation" I'd like some feed back from anyone who's had it done. 
Thnx
Ellie
etorres
advertisement

Comments

• JohnCoxJJohnCox Kernersville,NCPosts: 8
    Hey Ellie. I'm John. This is my FIRST post/Reply as I wanted to jump on and help you out. First, let me give you a little background. 2003, Ruptured T12-L1, 2009, RE-Ruptured T12-L1 and ruptured T11-T12. Had to have a fusion on T12-L1. Everything went fine. It bought me another year working in Law Enforcement. Then the pain got really bad, meds were titrated up until I had to retire on medical. Moving ahead. I had a Trial for a SCS about 2 years ago and it was great. The trial only consisted of one lead instead of two and the device I had I could switch from Low Freq. (Paresthesia) or High Freq. (No Paresthesia). I had GREAT results from High Freq. The problem was.....COST. My out of pocket was several thousand dollars. Moving ahead til now. I asked about any trials that were going on and just so happened, I came in on a 80K system that has just been approved in the US as of last April I think it was. My surgery is November 9th at noon. It's FREE. The only thing is, I've got no say in low freq or high freq for 7 months but after that, I can have them reprogram it to high. It was postponed a few weeks ago because the Sponsor was doing an upgrade and wanted me to wait so I'm getting a new, updated, WIRELESS system. It's general anesthesia and I will have a remote to control everything. Charges wirelessly. It's the Stim-Wave system if you want to look it up. May want to ask your doctor about it. Maybe there is a trial going on that you can get in on and it not cost you anything.