Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lidocaine injectioned in fibromyalgia triggers..has anyone tried this? ??

Comments

• Dilauro, I did take it the wrong way.  Some days are more touchy than others. So I avoided getting online for awhile.  I think there are probably quite a few people misdiagnosed and some that don't suffer as bad as others.  My rheumatoid doc has thirty five years experience and i trust him.  I just figured there would be sufferers on here but like you said it's more about spinal issues not muscle issues.  But i am surprised your ra doc was not concerned about it for you.  I do believe that's why i went downhill so badly after surgery. My muscles stay so very tight and add to all the pain in neck back and shoulders :( Zanaflex has been my miracle pill.  I cannot believe the difference!  And to actually get six solid hours of sleep! ! I'm just tickled about it.  I hope your on something like it.  I think you'd be surprised how it would help with all your other troubles.  Because when you can't get any rest it makes out that much more difficult to deal with it all. At least for me It does. 
    I hope your getting some relief memerainbolt! I felt like i have been in a year flare up. .. . Every morning. ..Everyday until i started on zanaflex. .. 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,479
    Lisa, I am so glad you found relief with Zanaflex. What works for one with fibro doesn't always work for others. I wish it did.
    And different doctors treat it different ways. Unfortunately, it's not just a muscle issue.
    For me, it's nerves and muscles and all the horrible side effects. I have taken everything for depression, pain and fever,  anti-inflammatory drugs, nerve pain and muscle relaxers. Some of them I'm on for my spine issues. Does it help my fibro? Who knows.
    What I will be curious to see is how the pain pump will or will not effect it. I know the medicine in the pump stays in the spinal fluid but it will be worth keeping an eye on.
    Take care, keep me posted on how you're doing.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Yes that exactly right. So many things work differently for each person.  The fact that I'm not up all night keeps the fatigue down. .. so it helps me tremendously just that i get five to six hours of sleep that i haven't been getting in seems like forever.  
  • Try anti inflammatory drug, I reviently took it and I think I am getting less pain I take naxophine 

• Hi. Along with my neck issues, I also have fibro really bad!! I ache all over and it is miserable. I have had the trigger injections. I usually get them starting in my neck, by my hair line, all the way in between my shoulder blades. I have only hurt from them maybe a couple of times. One or two, here and there.  I always ice for about 20 minutes after I get home. My Dr. always told me, if it's a good trigger, it will not hurt. 

• advertisement
  • Hello I’m Alex a 25 year old in DC and my neurologist suggested I try an occipital nerve block (lidocaine plus steroid) I was interested as it is fairly low risk, and unfortunately no help for my body. I was quite bummed hoping for some easy relief as I’ve have had chronic headache and migraine with the last 10 years of  my fibromyalgia. Interested to see how it might work in other trigger areas that are less severe for me though, thank you for starting the conversation! 

advertisement