Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

My experience with nerve block/cortisone injection to L5/S1

Comments

• @bodashus1 How did the procedure go? Are you feeling any relief yet? I would advise you to take it very easy for the first 72 hours or so. I didn't really rest as much as I should have, which may have been the reason for my negative experience. Good luck!
    Easter 2013 : Onset of sciatic pain.
    Sep 2016 : L5-S1 minimally invasive microdiscectomy.  Pain returns in full 10 days after surgery.
    Oct 2016 : MRI rules out a re-herniation. 
    Oct 2016 : ESI (cortisone and nerve block).  Increased Sciatic Pain from 2 days afterwards.
  • going for my 2nd round of injections next week. I have an L5S1 disc protrusion since April 2017 and the pain has not let up. I'm on Lyrica 150mg twice a day. Last time i had the injections in September, they shrugged off in 5 days. My Dr has mentioned going for surgery if round 2 doesn't work...i'm 33 years and not looking forward to that prospect but don't want to be on Lyrica for the rest of my days not to mention the panadeine forte to get me  through the odd sciatic attack. Anyone else in the same situation as me but went for surgery? Please post here!

• advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,745

This is an old discussion so I am closing it

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
This discussion has been closed.