Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

5 weeks post microdiscectomy revision

Hi All

I had the first MD for L5/S1 on 5th September and the disc ruptured within a week so had a revision on the 29th September.  

The pain after the 2nd was really bad but did settle down after a couple of days. It's now 5 weeks and I've had a lot of tingling sensations in both legs now whereas prior to the surgery it was just the left leg that hurt.

I'm also experiencing pain on the spine where the incision is. It actually hurts when I gently press it. Have gone into a complete panic that I've slipped the disc again. I'm seeing the Surgeon next week for the 6 week follow up but am really scared.

I walk every day but still can't sit for longer than 10 minutes without my back hurting. 

I would really love to hear from anyone whose had a revision. 

advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello tania61972 !

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Phil82PPhil82 Posts: 37
    edited 11/06/2016 - 4:43 PM
    Tingling in both legs is more than likely due to the surgery. There will be inflamation around the disc space that was operated on and it will effect both nerves to a point. The same thing happened to me and it should just calm in a few weeks. As regards the sitting, that will gradually increase too, 5 weeks isnt very long in.
    Don't worry odd are you are OK, a lot of people panic thinking they have reherniated and it's just inflammation and scar tissue. Take it easy to make the inflammation go down
    Say it to your surgeon though.
  • advertisement
  • hi tania

i had l5 s1 discectomy back on 9/9/16.im scheduled to have a nerve block 9/15/16 for low back pain im still having 9 weeks post op from pain clinic.i also had no leg pain before my surgery but now i have constant leg pain and tingling, which pain clinic dr prescribed gabapentin, and it has helped, but im worried about the low back pain, especially when sitting , cant sit for more than an hour without severe pain.i should add that pain dr is giving me nerve blocks on l3 l4 for bulging discs, but im like you as far as worrying