Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Confoey 2 years so far

Hi everyone, It's sad to hear of everyone's pain. I want to start by saying I wish us all the best and I pray for healing. I had my first spinal surgery Oct 2014. lamonectomy ect from disc s1 to l4.. in June of 2015 I couldn't bare the sciatic and back pain I was still having I was 39.. I am now 41.. my sciatica is still beyond bearable.. I cry everyday.. I've been dry needling twice a week for 9 months.. talk about pain.. it's not acupuncture for sure. I go because I have to believe I will finally heal. my son was 9 and he's now turning 12 on January 31st and his mom is wasting away slowly. I try to have faith and keep a smile on.. I believed the needling at one point was really working ..this is why I stay with the torture of doing it.. I have a lot of areas that need to be loosened up and alot of points that need to be twitched .. a muscle spasm made by the needle to  actually help the counter spasms that are involuntary . . the worst part is the constant tingling ..ice cold foot and the deep pain I still have in my spine. I have 8 screws and 2 bars .. 6 discs removed and replaced with cadaver bone ..silicone ect. I have spinal stenosis arthritis and ostepenisis as well. why can't they figure out why the sciatica is so bad. why can't I heal after 2 years of misery? I apologize  for the sadness you can feel in my comment. I am also sad for you as well. No matter how low our days are remember a nerve can take years to heal. I'm happy for all of you that have healed well. I haven't felt any better since before the surgery. well I did for a minute here and there. like I'll wake in the morning.. stay so still my left foot feels like a plastic bag is over it but it's not ice cold and it's not tingling or no spasms .. I wait as long as I can while my arm is burning from laying on it or my right hip is hurting from being on it all the time. Finally I have to move and all of a sudden it's all back again.. so this is my life and the way I got hurt is ashame.. It wasn't an accident .. I was hurt intentionally by someone else. undeserved.. unappreciated .. I was left with a gift of a walker .. a belly full of fluid.. I will not take pain meds.. well no opioids .  I don't need addiction and pain.. so I live everyday as I am. From a beautiful highly spirited woman to an old bitter happy bratt.. I'm just lost in a vessel of pain and weakness. I was a wood cutter.. that's right a woman lumberjack. now I live on a check and lost everything I have worked for.. I wish I never had the surgery.. maybe I'd of had pain but the second one I think the dr took a little to far with tearing me apart and humpty dump ty didn't get put back together right. If anyone has suffered with sciatica ore than 2 years and did get better....plz give me hope and let me know. I need hope. 1 in 20 don't get better. some I've read took 3 years . I have a year left or more than that if we count from surgery number 2.. I hope and will think of u all.. I sacrafice my pain for you.. I hope we all become well enuff to live.. I feel like a.burden. so I overdue than I can't do anything at all.. I need to smile and laugh again. plz tell me someone healed after waiting so long. I also fear they are going to have to reopen me again.. with love.. and care.. Hollie Confoey
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,789
    Hollie - Do you really believe that 72 sessions of "Dry Needling" with little to minimal relief is the answer??
    Maybe its time to start with a fresh set of doctors eyes. If your against medication then other alternatives would include SCS or a pain pump. You need additional medical opinions.

With Concern,

Bones