Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post-op 4 days

Hello everyone,

If you have read me history then you know that I was unsure of weather or not to have a needed 2nd ACDF surgery. Well I decided to try & get it fixed due to the fact it was affecting the use of my hands.

Well I had surgery on November 1, 2016 and it did not go as planned. Initially my surgeon needed to removed the plate I have at C5-6 in order to fix the herniation at C6-7, (and he was hoping to be able to leave that plate out). However, apparently after almost 13 years it had fused itself to my vertebrae and it was too much of a risk to remove it. So he spoke with my daughter who had to decided whether or not to stop or continue to fix the other herniation by way of manipulating a "peak cage" into the C6-7 area. Well when I woke 6 hours later and discovered what had happened, I was glad my daughter was there to make the correct decision.

I currently am not having any radiating pain down arms and legs and my hands are not tingling and numb anymore. The pain is much more bearable than it has been in a very, very long time. I just have spasms and aches in neck and shoulder area and I am still a little weak in my right arm.

I am grateful that I have one of best surgeons in the country (apparently people come from all over the country to see him) did not know that till recently. He was referred to me back in January of 2004 by my doctor who went to school with him and he seemed very knowledgeable at that time. Well 12 years later he has learned a whole lot more.

Unfortunately, I am cannot type long yet so I would appreciate any feed back from anyone who may have had this same issue or any suggestion you may have.

Thank you and take care

Sincerely

Linda
advertisement