Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain

Hi I am needing some advice! I am a 32 year old who has never really had much back pain other than the normal before and durning  menstrual cycle. I fell down the stairs about 7 weeks ago and fell on my buttocks and right side of my back. I have been to chiropractor for a few adjustments first to see if that could fix the problem. After still being in severe pain about a week later I went to a spine doctor who ran some test and scheduled a MRI which only showed a some disc bludge on l5 S1 but not anything to cause all my pain. The dr then thought my si joint so we scheduled for an si joint injection at surgery center.  The dr actually did 3 injections . The pain and burning numbness down my leg went away for about a week and then returned back 100%! The back pain isn't as bad as the burning numbness weakness of my leg and groin area! I then returned for a check up and he noticed my leg had gotten a lot weaker than before. He then orders ct San and pelvic x ray.. the showed up the same as MRI. Dr then decided to do a piriformis injection. I felt a little better for a day or two then was the same. He wants me to see a neurologist for a nerve conducting test to check my nerves. He still has no  diagnosis but not giving up! Sorry for the long post I am in desperate need of answers! Please any advice could help! 
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Ouch!
    Don't stop searching for answers! I saw a neurologist when I had severe sciatica and then a neurosurgeon. A different set of eyes on your tests will help along with additional testing. 
    Good luck!
    Ellen 
  • arobin2004aarobin2004 Louisiana Posts: 3
    Thank you for your comment
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello arobin2004 !

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History