Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

100% Recovery from C6 C7 injury in 9 months, I'm 76 years old

I woke up one morning in February with painful electric shocks shooting down my right arm and numb hand and fingers.
I played squash the evening before, maybe that or sleeping on my stomach caused it. Worried I might need an operation
and started sleeping on my back with a pillow under my knees keping up exercising at my club.

A month later had an MRI a generalized diagnosis was un-helful so I ordered a neck harness on E-bay, filled the bag with
20 pounds of water and started exercising several times a day, I could feel the improvingment day by day and totally recovered
from the electric shock pins and needles in my arm, 100% recovered in 5 months to but still had numbness in hand and fingers.

Now its November, it happened gradually but I've finally fully recovered 100% normal feeling in hand and fingers.
I exercise and play squash several times a week and eat healthy maintaining weight at 140 pounds.

John
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,419
    WARNING

Do not take the advice of any member when it comes to
    • Specific Exercises
    • Gadgets
    • Supplements
    What works for one, could spell a lot of trouble for another. Always obtain the approval of your doctor before venturing out
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • sherrygirlssherrygirl ontario canadaPosts: 163
    It's good to hear of non surgery recovery. 
  • advertisement
  • CarolP88CCarolP88 Western AustraliaPosts: 12
    What was the diagnosis on the MRI?
  • johntrevjjohntrev ThailandPosts: 4
    Basically just generic damaged nerves, I already knew that before the MRI
    I googled all the information (DIY) then worked very hard, exercising with a neck harness, workouts at the gym, sleeping on my back with a pillow under my knees and a high protein healthy diet, no pills.
  • advertisement
    I never went back to see the doctor after the MRI because I was worried he would have recommended surgery.

I had an overuse knee injury from years of playing squash, the surgeon after X-rays wanted to schedule knee replacement surgery.
    I stopped playing squash and rested it before working out on a stationary bike for a year after it felt good
    I started playing squash, been pain free for years but I don't push my luck, (arthritis restricts full movement)
advertisement