Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Just implanted with the Stimwave SCS yesterday (11/9/16)

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!! Yes, I'm under the influence of Oxycodone. LOL. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers yesterday. So, here it is, day one after surgery. Basically, all went well. My coordinator said it would take 30-45 minutes. I'm not going to go in to the Pre-op stuff as I'm sure you all know all that hoopla. They roll me in to the O.R. and I turn over on my stomach. She puts the O2 cannula in and the last thing I remember is the blood pressure cuff tightening up. The next thing I remember is a nurse telling me to breath through my nose as the O2 sensor was beeping. It took over 2 hours for some reason but I'll find out. My coordinator came in who has been GREAT through all of this and I was hurting so bad, I was crying and said "Jamie, I'm hurting so bad, give me something." She asked the nurse and the nurse told her she had already given me 5 of dilautidid s I knew I was done with that. After a few minutes, she gave me a Oxycodone and within about 10 minutes, the pain had subsided some. I was rolled back to recovery where my wife came in. After a bit, the sponsor of the StimWave system came in and programmed my SCS and showed me how to use it. (I'm not sure if I can post pictures here or not but if I can or can figure it out, I'll post it. They gave me two "Antennas" and two transmitters. The antenna is a wide piece of "fabric" with a wire permanently attached to it and it lays over the "sight" where it can make a connection through my skin/tissue and I have a belt that holds it on. The antenna wire plugs in to the transmitter which is a little black box that looks like the miniature pagers from years ago. (REMEMBER THOSE???) I was hurting pretty bad yesterday when I got home and all last night. Jamie told me that today would be the worse and as I'm typing this sitting up, I'm beginning to say she's right. (What women isn't always right, right?) I can't drive while I'm taking the Oxycodone so no driving until this weekend and that's a maybe. They are going to call me today and check on me. When they programmed it, they set it when I started feeling the tingling (paresthesia) but then changed it to HIGH FREQUENCY so I don't really feel it now. I turn it on, hit the "+" sign 17 times and I'm set. After the swelling and the surgery pain is gone, I can play with it then to find my happy spot.

Again, If I can find how to post a picture, I will. Thank you all again. I'll keep you updated as I have to keep a diary as well.
advertisement

Comments

• JohnCoxJJohnCox Kernersville,NCPosts: 8
    5 days after surgery and all is well. I learned that because of my fusion, they had to cut me to install the lead between the hardware so my recovery time has been extended. Each day is getting a little better.
  • glennergglenner Denver, COPosts: 1
    Thank you for posting on the Stimwave product. Since it's relatively new, I have struggled to find anyone who has had this procedure. My wife had a failed back surgery in August of 2015 and has been suffering terrible radicular pain in her right leg and lower back.

She suffers from severe scarring and is afraid to approach the traditional SCS products due to their methods of implant. We have been looking at Stimwave, but have had a hard time finding someone who has practical experience with it. I look forward to any input you have as you heal.

May I ask if your procedure was for PNS, DRG or SCS? Thank you again.
  • advertisement
  • John, Would you give us an update, greatly appreciated!