Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Teenage Neck Pain for 1 year

Hey guys! I'm an 18 year old male.
I've had a sore neck for about a year now. The pain is dull and sore-y. It hurts only on the right side of my neck, in the middle between the bottom and the top of my neck. It won't hurt if I look straight, left, or right; it only hurts when I look all the way up. The pain gets worse if I look all the way up and tilt my head to the right (make my right ear touch my right shoulder) The pain started when I pulled my neck -- I was literally stretching the right side of my neck by using my hand to pull my neck to the left, and I guess I pulled too hard and pulled it. Since then, I have trouble looking up. FYI: I've done chiropractics, acupuncture, and physical therapy, and nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? I'm pretty young and live a relatively active lifestyle, and I don't want this pain to become a serious issue.

Thanks in advance!
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,648
    edited 11/12/2016 - 1:56 AM
    Hello darkorbit101
    There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    All responses can only be based on member's own personal experience.

Please click on link for information about Spine-health
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello..
    Curious....did you have any tests done? Also wondering who ordered the PT?..your Primary doctor?

You may be interested in reading...Chronic Pain Step by Step.....
    You can find by using search, upper right on page.
    Search also very useful for any of your concerns.

It can sometimes take awhile for cause of pain and or limitations or restrictions of your body.
    Kind of like trial and try again.
    And again, with finding causation, can be trial and try again for proper treatment plans...for what is effective and what is not.

For me personally, I would not want any manipulation done until I knew more of what was causing pain and limitations of my neck.

Please keep us posted!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement