Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Stomach. Muscle spasms

Does anyone have stomach muscle spasms and what do you do about them.
Mine get so tight it's hard to breath, I finally got myself to handle zanaflex but
After it wears off they seem to be worse.
advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 564
    I posted this awhile back, my stomach and diaphragm muscles are 
    getting tighter and tighter. Harder to breath, anyone else have
    this condition
          God.   Bless 
    Spasms are getting terrible, nothing is working,
    has anyone else have terrible spasms,
    lets talk 

God.  Bless 
  • advertisement

Just thought I would bring this up one more time, does anyone have severe muscle tightness especially in their trunk area.  I doctors just say it's due to my spinal cord injury. I would love to talk to someone that has a similar condition, Maybe we could figure something out together take care and God bless 

• Hi. I dont know if my stomach problem is because of my recent back surgery or not.  I had ACD-F surgery in December C5-c7, and i just had a synovial cyst removed from l4-l5 Feb 7th 2018 and bone overgrowth removed in same area.   

This past Wednesday i had a ct-scan of my abdomen done because i am having severe pain. It didnt show anything.   This pain is becoming unbearable.   I dont know what to do. 

Hi Kathy, I have a spinal cord injury at C1 C2, my problem is that my whole trunk area , Diaphragm and back and chest is tight, do you have tightness that makes it hard to breathe and sit down? Or is it just pain in one  Area ? Hope to hear back from you. Again take care and God bless

• advertisement
  • I hate to hear you have that type of injury.  My pain is below my ribcage.  I cant tell if its muscle, or intestinal.

What complicates this further for me, is that i have Multiple Sclerosis.  So its possible its from that.  I have brain lesions, my MRIs haven't shown any lesions in my spine as of yet but that's always a possibility.

I hadto have cervical spine surgery because the damage was so bad they were afraid if i didnt have something down I'd end up paralyzed .

Im 49, and feel like im 150.  Its nice to meet you btw.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has this tightness through out the whole  trunk area stomach and back. It's gradually getting worse getting harder to breathe,  so if you have this problem please respond, maybe we can figure this out together. My neurologist , A pulmonary doctor,  both evade  what could cause   It. My Physiatrist  said  if I want to go ahead and try physical therapy. No doctor will give me a direct answer on what might help . Take care God bless

• jmichaelpjjmichaelp Gainesville, FLPosts: 5

I've had them. They feel like ripples going through over & over. After some weeks/months they end up getting so tight that they can no longer spasm & the pain subsides.

Mine are real tight, they actually feel like I've done 200 sit up's.  Does your body feel heavy also?  I am from Michigan and this winter is just holding on, it's 47 right now it should be more like 60. I was hoping that I could get more active , So that I could breathe easier. I'll send you a personal message in your inbox. Thanks for responding I appreciate it. Take care and God bless

Hi. John, thanks for responding, you can click on my name it will tell a little bit of my medical history. I fell and broke C 1. and  C 2 , had it fused.  I should be a quadriplegic but can still get around, walk take care of myself pretty good . Just wondering if you have a heavy body feeling? I do, although I weigh 175 pounds  sometimes it feels like I weigh 500 pounds. Drop me a note back I'd appreciate it.  Maybe if we have similar problems maybe we can help each other. One thing I do have is when I sit  at the dinner table I can't sit for long, it's been that way every since my accident. I need to sit in a reclining position . I'm from Michigan. Well take care and God bless

advertisement