Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain in left calf when I stand up

over the last 2 1/2 months the pain is getting worse.
when I stand up the pain in my  left calf is so painful if I perserve I can walk it off and when I'm laying down and I get up I also experience pain in my calf.  But it's becoming unbearable, if the nerve is irritaed it doesn't appear to be settling.

I don't think it's sciatica because it comes and goes and is in my calf sometimes for and knee/ thigh. Definitely feels like nerve pain. 

has anyone else every experienced pain in the calf and what was their outcome???

I have had a laminectomy l4/5 2013 and a Diam implant at l4/5 in 2014. My right leg was damaged but appears to have healed and now all of a sudden then pain is in my left leg. 

there is no acute pain in my back. 

hElp!!! I'm so worried something is wrong at l4/5 level again :(

advertisement

Comments

• Art1947AArt1947 Holywell, UKPosts: 106
    Adelerenee Hi, I had a Laminectomy in November 2015 at C5/ C6 and until April 2016
  • Art1947AArt1947 Holywell, UKPosts: 106
    I had no pain, but then the pain came back, I see it as sciatica, the pain is behind the knee and across the ankle.
  • advertisement
  • HnhunterHHnhunter FLORIDAPosts: 11
    I'm so sorry for what you're going thru and I can definitely relate!  I have debilitating pain in my right leg, it was only my calf at first but now it goes up my hip and down into the sole of my foot with burning shooting pain. As long as I CONSTANTLY stay active I can almost forget how bad it hurts but the second I sit down its back with a vengeance! It seems easy enough to just keep moving, right? But eventually you have to stop. Eventually you have to sit or lie down to "rest" but rest is impossible when you're blended with pain. After blood work, xray, and an mri I found I have bulging discs in L2-3, 3-4 and a severe herniation in L4-5 causing spinal and foraminal stenosis. Also slight scoliosis. I'm seeing a chiropractor right now and they are very thorough and the stretches they have me do DO male a difference during the day but come 6 or 6 in the evening when it's time to get my kids ready for bed....it's just excruciating. Nothing has helped me,  I have a rx for flexiril....nothing, 
    My pcp doesn't prescribe narcotics si I haven't been given the chance to try but if my leftover tramadol and vicodin from old dental work doesn't do anything well I can't imagine amything else would. Ice? No. Heat? No. So i know exactly how you feel and I'm so sorry!
    I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon to discuss more options (my chiropractor strongly advises against surgery because I'm so young...almost 29  but I don't care, I'll do anything at this point!) The pain consumes my life. ..it's all I think about most days...I'm definitely spiraling into depression and my family is affected. All over a stupid nerve pinch! So I'm in the same boat as you and here to listen, I hope you find relief soon, I've been in pain for 3 months and it feels like forever! Good luck