Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C5-C6 steroid injection location wrong?

jeffearleyjjeffearley Toledo, ohioPosts: 3
edited 11/30/2016 - 5:33 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
 Hello, I had my first epidural shot for my cervical issues I've been having since June. They found a herniated disc C-5 C6, but I could not help but notice today that the Band-Aid was located well below my neck in where my shoulder blades are. Is this common? I expected a shot in my neck area so this was quite a surprise. I'm still having some discomfort, so I was also wondering how long it took for other people who had this procedure done to feel relief. I have to get additional shots after I see the doctor next week.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,241
    Hopefully you had a doctor you can trust....
    But if you have questions about the placement of the ESI, then I would call your doctor and ask the same question.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • joowee40joowee40 Mississippi Posts: 293
    seems like I can remember thinking that also. Mine was in or just below the hump everyone has...what is that "hump" anyway. ha I am having another one on 12/20 and will be asking that question now so thanks for reminding me about that. I remember thinking now how in the world will injecting anything right there help in my 5/6 and of course it didn't do jack for it at all. I would love for them to discover an injection that will go in there and instantly feel like a warm wave to  ease all the pain in the neck, shoulders and thoracic for x amount of time...oh wait yeah that was a dream. Kind of like when you are having a csection and they give you an epidural and you can feel that warm sensation in your legs and you feet are warm finally. lol THAT is what I would love to feel.
  • advertisement
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    I remember the "steroid injection" exercises on each of the 3 herniated discs I have had in my life. I did 3 injections the first disc, 2 the 2nd, and 1 on the third. I learned that I did not have to do 3 to satisfy the insurance company's requirement before surgery.  I also learned the steroids do not heal a herniated disc. At last in my experience. GLTU
  • ashlina85aashlina85 TennesseePosts: 3
    Mine just below C7 for a C5/C6 protrusion.  It was 10 days ago and it hasn't helped at all.
advertisement