Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Ligament snapping in back of head

Sitting in bed one night about 2 months ago, looking down at my cell phone and then up at the TV that is to my right I noticed a cracking every single time I brought my head back to center. This has never happened before, and has not gone away since that night. Every time I turn my head to the right when it is lowered slightly it cracks usually twice. Once turning to the right and once bringing it back to center (in 2 different locations).. I have been going to a chiropractor twice a week for 5 weeks now. I went in because this wouldn't go away. It only really hurt if it happened several times in a row and also my entire neck/shoulders have been pretty tender and sore from the moment it started.  Turned out I had a pretty curved spine (neck area), and also military neck. She is saying now I am back to about 90% as far as my alignment is concerned. She believes the cracking in my head is coming from a ligament that is snapping over a grove or bone every time I turn my head. She cannot figure out why it has not gone away with my alignment back to normal. She has reached out to several of her colleagues and no one has an answer. Please if anyone has any knowledge or recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.   
Thank you, 
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,648

Hello Carick919

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

Please click on link for information about Spine-health

Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • carick919ccarick919 Stow OhioPosts: 2
    I don't necessarily need medical advice, just seeing if anyone has experienced anything similar..
  • advertisement
  • joowee40joowee40 Mississippi Posts: 293
    For me, the cracking was from 2 herniated discs and bone spurs..I think the spurs were the most reason for the crunchy continual popping when I moved my neck. This my opinion and mine only and I am sure there are many who testify to the fact that chriropractors are the best thing but I feel the one I saw when it started hurting and cracking, made mine worse and I would never let once adjust anyone I loves neck ever. Please go see a real doctor and get an xray or MRI just to rule out things to prevent causing further damage.